Simpson completed the acquisition of the Carol Sand Conditioner and the business of the Carol Engineering Company of Dayton, Ohio.
The Foundry Equipment Manufacturers Association (now CISA) announced Mr. Herbert Simpson has been elected President.
- Simpson completed the acquisition of the "Maple Lead Mixer" from Cunningham Foundry & Machine Company, Ltd. of St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.
- Simpson introduces the "Even-Flo" series of sand reclaimer (US patent #761299).
- Simpson introduces the first of the continuous mixer utilizing the principal of back blending. The #22F Simpson Multi-Mull was awarded US patent #2943801. The Simpson Multi-Mull has evolved into the most popular molding sand mixers in the world.
- Simpson acquires the Dietert Automation Products from Georg Fischer Foundry Systems of Holly, Michigan. In the transaction, Simpson acquired all the assets of the Dietert Automation Products.
- Mr. Bruce W. Dienst becomes President & COO of Simpson and the 5th generation of the Simpson family to lead the company. Mr. Dienst is the great, great-grandson of Simpson founder, Peter Simpson.
- On March 1st, National Engineering Company renames the company to Simpson Technologies Corporation.
- The American Foundry Society announced Mr. Henry W. Dienst has been elected AFS President.
The Foundry Educational Foundation announced that Bruce W. Dienst has been elected FEF President.
The American Foundry Society announced Mr. Bruce W. Dienst has been elected AFS President - the 4th consecutive generation of the Simpson family to serve AFS as President.