At the 2019 American Foundry Society Castexpo exhibition Simpson announced a complete update of the Hartley on-line compactability control and mixer automation system product line. There are now three new or updated models of Hartley controllers –
- Model 2502-L1 is a completely redesigned version of the older 18Mk2/2502 tester system designed to be a basic, low cost tester for compactability control and mixer automation perfect for batch mixing systems in small foundries and foundries with limited budgets.
- Model 2552-B1 is our most advanced tester designed for batch mixing systems in foundries who want both compactability and green strength testing, integration with machine mounted sensors and more extensive foundry wide control and reporting systems.
- Model 2552-C1 has all of the features of the 2552-B1 but is specifically designed for use with our Simpson Multi-Mull in a continuous mixing application.
The Simpson Hartley on-line compactability control and mixer automation system has been installed on all kinds and sizes of mixers in foundries in more than 35 countries. All models of the Simpson Hartley on-line control technology feature these benefits:
- A control program that is based on the experience of more than 900 installations in all kinds of applications. With the experience from so many installations in so many different applications you can be sure that the control program is robust enough to perform at a very high level in your foundry with your application.
- The robust, foundry proven mechanical design of the tester maximizes uptime and minimizes maintenance and operating costs.
- We utilize global standard components such as the Allen Bradley or Siemens controllers and operator interfaces to assure availability of critical parts. No compromise was made in the selection of these critical components in order to maximize availability and commonality with other equipment in the foundry.
- All Hartley controllers can be produced in the United States, Germany and India and are backed by global Simpson Service. Trained technicians and common spare parts are available from any of the production centers for quick response to requests for support.
Introducing the new model 2502-L1
To meet the technology and budget needs of small foundries we completely redesigned the former model 18Mk2/2502 into the new Hartley model 2502-L1. Designed and built with the same core control program as the most advanced Hartley controllers the new Hartley 2502-L1 can be supplied with either the latest generation of Allen-Bradley or Siemens components for both the PLC and the operator interface (HMI). The new Hartley 2502-L1 is specifically designed to provide your foundry with two essential functions – complete muller automation and precise compactability control – at an affordable price.
The model 2502-L1 Hartley controller has several improvements and new features:
- The 2502-L1 costs significantly less than the 2552-B1 making it more affordable for smaller foundries.
- The 2502-L1 is significantly smaller than the 2552-B1 making it easier to install in smaller mixing systems.
- The upgraded input/output (I/O) link connectivity within the Hartley panel offers fast configuring and commissioning and reduces variation by providing you with consistent communication between the sensors/actuators and the controller.
- Several improvements have been made to make the 2502-L1 maintenance friendly. The rotary actuator on the funnel assembly from the older version has been replaced with a simpler pneumatic cylinder and bearing arrangement. A stainless steel sand deflector shield is mounted to the specimen tube assembly to protect the travel rails and cylinder rod from sand build-up and wear. The externally mounted air valve manifold in the old design has now been updated and moved to the inside of the tester enclosure. This enhancement keeps the manifold clear of sand and allows for a cleaner environment when replacing solenoid valves. These and other new features reduce maintenance costs and increase reliability.
Contact your local Simpson representative for a detailed presentation or quotation.