A variety of sand preparation and control issues are addressed, including:
- An introduction to sand testing and control.
- The formation, causes and potential solutions to sand-related casting defects.
- Reducing variations in green sand properties.
- Increasing up time and improving the performance of your Simpson Group equipment.
- A detailed review of the proper operation of the Hartley tester, B&P Speedmullor, Simpson Mix-Muller and Simpson Multi-Mull. Includes a presentation of all upgrades and advancements available for Simpson Group equipment.
- A demonstration of the most advanced Simpson+Gerosa sand testing laboratory equipment.
This course is designed for Foundry Managers, Technical Directors, Sand Technicians, quality Control personnel, Molding Line Supervisors and Operators, Maintenance Managers, Maintenance personnel and Muller Operators. This is also a great opportunity to train new employees on how to operate and maintain your existing Simpson Group equipment. Simpson Group technical and engineering staff having over 100 years combined foundry process and equipment design and operation experience will provide the training.
Here’s a small sampling of what some past participants had to say about this class:
“Simpson has done a fantastic job in disseminating relevant information that is both well-grounded and pragmatic. The concept of including fundamental theory with equipment maintenance and engineering troubleshooting was refreshing. A first-class presentation by a first-class company.”
– Michael Gradle, Senior Metallurgist, Federal-Mogul Corporation, St. Louis, MO
“The Simpson Green Sand Preparation and Control class was time well spent. The program was specifically designed to show the interdependent relationship between maintenance, production and quality departments for achieving quality castings. As a maintenance manager, I gained a better understanding of what defines “good sand”, and the effects of “hot sand”.
The basic operation and maintenance sections for the mullers was very appropriate. I had not worked with Multi-Mulls before, and this session gave me what I needed to know. The entire class was very well organized, and your hospitality was exceptional. After years of working with the folks in Aurora by phone, it was a pleasure to meet the sales, service, and engineering people who have been so helpful. Thanks for this opportunity and a job well done.”
– Tom Zarnke, P.E., Maintenance Manager, Versa Iron and Machine, St. Paul, MN
“We need to get the best from our green sand preparation equipment; knowledge and experience are key elements to accomplishing this goal and this is what you get from the Simpson course. It should be a must on your training list.”
– Gabriel Trujillo, Engineering Manager, Productora de Hierro Maleable, Guadalajara, Mexico
To be notified of the next scheduled class offering, please contact email@example.com.
Download sample course brochure