This position is responsible for receiving and storing incoming shipments such as machined, fabricated and purchase item parts, tools, equipment and various replacement parts for Company products within a 6,000 square foot warehouse. Duties include picking, packing parts, etc. and shipping to customers or manufacturing partners. This position utilizes an ERP system to provide efficient processing of orders and received goods.
- Receives shipping orders from production via picking list or computer. Picks packs and ships domestic and international orders according to customers’ instructions/needs.
- Receives incoming freight and verifies vendor packing list against materials received, prints acknowledgment of purchase orders and checks materials received against packing list.
- Moves received freight from receiving area to storage area by sorting product according to predetermined locations, size, type, style and placing product in proper rack location.
- Utilizes computers systems and other related systems to communicate with others throughout the organization and to track warehouse activities such as picking, packing and shipping.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor with implementation and enforcement of Company Safety Policies.
- Participate in entire warehouse housekeeping activities.
- Under direction of Warehouse Supervisor/Facility Manager assist and participate in facilities outdoor and indoor maintenance tasks as needed and required.
- Uses required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. Keeps the overall warehouse in a clean and in safe and orderly condition at all times. Keeps work benches and desks organized and well stocked at all times.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED plus specialized training in warehouse, domestic and international shipping methods, safety and inventory control.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience working in a warehouse with responsibility for the safe and efficient use of a forklift truck, power jack, hand truck and other lifting/moving and power hand tools and equipment.
- Required experience with building custom skids, pallets and crates for shipment of domestic and international parts and equipment orders via air and ocean.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a warehouse with automated ERP systems.
- Must speak, write and communicate efficiently in English language
- The proven ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- The proven ability to safely and efficiently drive a forklift (certification), and other lifting/moving equipment.
- The proven ability to perform data entry on a PC accurately.
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish)
- Knowledge and operating ability of PC based applications such as Outlook, MS Word and Excel.
Work Environment: Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment. Forklifts are driven. Requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses, safety gloves, and safety work boots.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- The ability to safely drive a forklift (certification), and use other lifting/moving equipment.
- The ability to pull, push and lift up to 40 lbs. frequently, and 75 lbs. seldom.
- The ability to perform data entry on a PC accurately.
- The ability to see, hear and speak clearly in English.
- The ability to walk, sit, kneel and climb stairs.
What’s in it For You:
We know that our people are the heart of our organization, and we look for people who are passionate about what they do, which strengthens us as a company. Our smaller work environment means you will be exposed to a wide variety of career- enhancing experiences, and you’ll be better able to see the impact of your work. We also offer you the following benefits:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company-paid life insurance (1.5x base earnings)
- Supplemental life insurance for you and your family
- Company-paid short and long-term disability
- Tuition assistance
- Employee discount program (from cars to movie tickets)
- On-demand career development videos