Responsible for the development, growth and maximization of revenue and profits resulting from the sale of the full portfolio of Simpson Technologies (and subsidiaries) products and services in the assigned region. Duties include lead generation and development, customer relationship management, order negotiation, collection of customer and industry intelligence as well as territorial marketing management.
The assigned region is the USA states of ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, IN and MI.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities which are essential parts of this job are broken into three categories – sales, marketing and administrative responsibility.
- Develops customer awareness of the entire Simpson product portfolio and builds customer preference for Simpson products and services by using product and process knowledge to identity potential applications and/or sales opportunities.
- Provides lead qualification and follow-up for all inquiries to develop sales from the entire product line within the territory through promotion of the whole portfolio and/or identification of cross-selling opportunities.
- Maximizes the revenue and profitability of company products and services within the assigned territory and builds building a strong technical and supplier relationship with the customer.
- Updates status reporting of all open customer inquiries, quotations, service contacts and incident reports for use and viewing by the entire group.
- Identifies personnel responsible for new equipment selection and purchasing within customers in assigned territory while identifying opportunities for improvement within customer plants and present company product(s) that address each opportunity.
- Identifies personnel responsible for spare parts selection and purchasing within each customer in assigned territory and also identifies opportunities for upgrades, increased sales and/or increased market share. Cooperates with parts sales to maximize the sale and profitability of parts and upgrades.
- Identifies personnel responsible for maintenance within each customer in assigned territory. Identifies opportunities for paid service in maintenance and/or preventative maintenance and cooperates with customer and field service personnel and management to maximize the sale and profitability of company services.
- Builds company database (CRM) of equipment, service, parts and upgrades specifiers within customer community so that they can be targeted in company marketing campaigns.
- Develops, nurtures and maintains excellent rapport with strategic customers – understanding their current and future needs for technology and their competitive environment.
- Assists company management in obtaining a better understanding of the current and future product needs for strategic customers and assists company management in obtaining an understanding of current business conditions and customer satisfaction.
- Participates in trade show events and other industry gatherings within region or when on a national or international basis and assists marketing in the preparation for and execution of trade shows held within assigned region.
- Gathers profile information on customers – key personnel, decision makers, plant profile, products produced, customers, processes used, equipment/service objects on site, etc. Audits and updates company database of customer profiles (CRM) for customers and prospects within territory as required to build and improve the quality and scope of the company database of the customer community so that customers can be analyzed and targeted in Company marketing campaigns.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for “case histories” or “success stories” and other forms of publicity regarding the customer application of company products for use in marketing actives.
- Assists relevant Product Managers in the preparation of press releases for new equipment orders received within assigned territory.
- In cooperation with marketing, identifies and assists in the execution of marketing opportunities for the company within the territory – i.e. AFS Chapter newsletters, golf outings, membership rosters, regional trade shows, State casting associations, FEF schools, customer events, etc.
- In cooperation with the technical and/or engineering department, gather technical and process data on the performance of company and/or competitor machines and/or processes within territory.
- Improves the focus of Company marketing activities in key territories and generates support materials for the benefit of all sales representatives.
- Ensures that specific product lines maintain market leading positions – technically and economically
- Prepares and maintain a sales forecast for the territory.
- Prepares written documentation of each significant contact with a customer in the development of an opportunity.
- Assists in the preparation of a sales & marketing budget for the territory.
- Attends and participate in sales meetings, planning sessions and training as required.
- Assists in training of customers and new employees as required.
- Prepares and submits expense reports as required by Company policy and plans travel in order to minimize travel expenses.
- Provides internal project management facilitation with customers. As required, assist company personnel (sales/marketing, customer service, engineering, accounting finance, etc.) in timely communication with customers.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field from an accredited 4 year college or university.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sales of industrial capital equipment.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Must be able to be self-directed.
- Must have strong analytical skills, coupled with the ability to quickly spot and interpret data trends.
- Must be familiar with and functional with laptop computers and business software such as MS Word, MS Excel, email and the Internet.
- Must be capable of achieving a working understanding of engineering drawings, bills of materials and other technical documentation.
- Must understand basic financial concepts as they would relate to pricing, discounts, profitability, cost, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ability to articulate a strategy and influence an outcome to achieve an objective.
- Exceptional communication (verbal & written), organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Polished presentation skills for large or small groups.
- Must be able to travel extensively by car and plane. International travel is sometimes required. Travel could be expected to include up to 75% of working days annually.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk and climb stairs.
- Must be able to detect and comprehend small type and discern numbers. Must have the ability to see with corrective lenses to 20/20
- Must be able to hear, speak clearly in order to communicate and exchange information verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to operate and use a computer and its office related applications and other office equipment.
- Work is generally performed within a standard office or home office environment where there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. However, visits to customer sites require the ability to have exposure to and function effectively in dirty, noisy and hazardous factory and heavy manufacturing work environments.
What’s in it For You:
We know that our people are the heart of our organization, and we look for people who are passionate about what they do, which strengthens us as a company. Our smaller work environment means you will be exposed to a wide variety of career- enhancing experiences, and you’ll be better able to see the impact of your work. We also offer you the following benefits:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company-paid life insurance (1.5x base earnings)
- Supplemental life insurance for you and your family
- Company-paid short and long-term disability
- Tuition assistance
- Employee discount program (from cars to movie tickets)
- On-demand career development videos