Come join the Simpson family! We are currently looking for a Controls Engineer for our Aurora HQ office.
This position is responsible for the design and programming of the electrical controls used on a variety of machines produced by Simpson Technologies. This includes the ability to create electrical schematics using AutoCAD, bills of materials, develop controls programs using ladder logic and develop graphic interface programs. Primary duty will be design and development of Allen Bradley controllers. This position works under general supervision and interacts with customers via phone/email/face-to-face.
• Design and develop electrical controls and software programs for control panels used on equipment provided by Simpson Technologies.
• Monitor the progress of the controls development of assigned projects.
• Maintains the established design standards of the department.
• Supports the sales efforts of the Company by providing technical support and consultation during the development of proposals or quotations.
• Support the Field Service Engineers by providing technical support.
• Helps maintain excellent product performance, service and value.
Minimum EE, EET or computer science degree in a related field i.e., applied mathematics or equivalent controls programming experience.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience controls programming experience with Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC’s.
• Minimum 3 years of systems design experience with Allen Bradley controls panels (panel design/bills of materials/sensors/AC drives).
• Industrial controls knowledge
• Ethernet Communications knowledge (a plus)
• OEM background (a plus)
• Hydraulics and/or pneumatics experience
• Foundry background (a plus)
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Excellent math skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to travel via air or ground to domestic and overseas customer sites minimally 20%
• Ability to achieve desired results on multiple projects using influence and information gathering
Whats in it For You:
You can Play with Passion at Simpson! We know that our people are the heart of our organization, and we seek our individuals who are passionate about what they do, which strengthens us as a company. Our smaller work environment means you will be exposed to a wide variety of career- enhancing experiences, and you’ll be better able to see the impact of your work. We also offer you the following benefits:
• Medical, dental & vision coverage
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution
• Flexible Spending Account
• Company-paid life insurance (1.5x base earnings)
• Supplemental life insurance for you and your family
• Company-paid short and long-term disability
• 401(k) with competitive company match
• Tuition assistance
• Employee discount program (from cars to movie tickets)
• On-demand career development videos
• Casual dress
• Ongoing social events
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.